Thursday, March 12, 2009

I have the best husband...

My birthday isn't until tomorrow, but tonight Mike took me to see Debbie Allen's Oman O'Man at the Kennedy Center. It was by far the best birthday gift I have ever gotten, it was amazing. How thoughtful of Mike... I had mentioned back in February that I wanted to see this play after I read an article in the Washington Post. I have watched Ms. Allen so many times on So You Think You Can Dance and just enjoy watching contemporary, modern, and so many other types of dance....so I couldn't wait to see it. I had no idea that Mike had even bought the tickets, and had nearly forgotten that the show was even in town. So when he surprised me last week with the tickets I could hardly stand the anticipation. What was even better was it was opening night and there were tons of important people. Debbie Allen came out afterwards to greet some of her close friends and was about 3 feet away from us....I wanted so badly to tell her how big a fan I was, but was to shocked that she was right beside me. Afterwards we had a nice, surprisingly quiet dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was everything I hoped it would be, and even better that Mike admitted he enjoyed it too. I'm glad we live in such an amazing area that we're exposed to so many wonderful events like this...now we just need to take more advantage of them!!!

No comments: