Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break Woo...

No, I'm not on spring break, but all our teacher friends are....so why shouldn't I get a day or two? I deserve it...I work hard. Anyways, enough ranting. I took a couple days off and went with Alana to Charlottesville for a little wine tasting and relaxing. We headed out bright and early Monday morning and hit Barboursville, Veritas, King Family and Jefferson Vineyards. I, as always, enjoyed the tastings, bought too many bottles of wine and ate too much. But that's what a mini vacation is for right?!? Sad to say, but two of my favorite wines are no longer being made - Veritas Cabernet Franc and King Family Late Harvest Cabernet Franc. So, if you're out and happen to see either of those, buy them and I'll reimburse you - especially the Veritas, it was absolutely my favorite :( Monday night we met up with our friend Jenna; Alana's former coworker who is back in school at UVa for her masters. We ate dinner at this cute little mexican restaurant called Mono Loco, I got the spicy chicken burrito.....the thing was the size of my arm, so leftovers went home with Jenna. We got back to our hotel just in time to snuggle up in bed and watch UNC stomp Michigan State and then pass out for the night. This morning we stopped off for breakfast at IHOP and both enjoyed the stuffed french toast before we headed back to Nova. It was a nice getaway, I'd go every weekend if I could afford it. Pictures to follow.

No comments: