Sunday, October 5, 2008

Saturday Night with the Gardner Clan...

All week I kept saying how I wanted to do nothing this weekend. But when Saturday rolled around I was nearly bored to death, so I joined Jill & Co. to help make baby shower invitations for a friend. Before heading over Jill called and asked if Mike would be interested in joining later that day for dinner with her and Brett. Of course we said yes. So I brought along a pork loin, asparagus and ciabatta rolls to cook and a bottle of Barboursville Chardonnay to drink!!! The majority of the afternoon was spent card making but once that was finished we had baby play time - always a favorite of mine and then waited for the grill to heat up so we could start cooking. In addition to my dinner contribution Jill cooked a deliciuos sweet potato casserole and a kilbasa sausage. After dinner we enjoyed a friendly game of Mexican Train Domino's and Mike's Train Dance then ended the evening by watching a bit of Saturday Night Live which poked fun at Palin - again a favorite past time of mine. We always enjoy Gardner Game Night!!!

No comments: