Sunday, August 16, 2009

Merrills in Town...

This weekend was a blast, Mike's parents came into town, as well as his little sister Lauren. Everyone arrived Friday night around 8:00 and we headed out to dinner at TGI Fridays, mainly because it was close to Mike's parent's hotel. We started with a round of drinks and some apps, had a delicious dinner then called it a night around 10:30. Saturday morning I was up bright and early, for some unknown reason. So at 8am I was baking chocolate chip cookies. Then onto cooking an unplanned brunch of steak, eggs, bacon, potato casserole, and fresh fruit. The family arrived around 11 and we gorged ourselves. Then it was onto National Harbor where we visited with the outdoor vendors, Mike's mom bought Lauren and I some great earrings. Then we wandered into Stonewall Kitchen (heaven), Godiva - where I signed up for the Chocolate Club (even though I'm not a huge chocolate person, but it was still delicious, then a little afternoon happy hour at Rosa Mexicano. We thought about heading into see a Wolf Trap show - The Temptations & The Four Tops...but we were already a bit tired so instead we decided to eat some more...so we freshened up a bit, and headed into the city for dinner at Buca di Beppo where we continue to eat ridiculous amounts of food and then headed home about 11, where most of us passed out either in recliners, loveseats or couches. I don't even remember Mike's parents leaving, I only remember waking up Sunday morning wandering where everyone went. Sunday we all met up at about 11 and went to check out a couple of houses then lunched at Chili's...then onto check out more houses in Alexandria, Falls Church and Springfield. Mike dropped me off at 3, and I said goodbye to his family, and then they apparently went onto check out some major row houses in Old Town just for the fun of it....one of them, was a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath listed for 1.2 million dollars - SERIOUSLY????? who buys that? Like I said, it was a great weekend, but I think I really gained about 10 pounds. So back to the gym and eating healthy tomorrow :)



No comments: