Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Small Group Ideas...

For this post, I'm "stealing" a bit from an email I received from Jill:

************************************
I have talked to a few of you, but wanted to let all of you know that Brett and I will be starting a new small group starting on Wednesday March 11.This group will be focused on Christianity 101 and answering tough questions about the Bible, and we hope that even if you have totally different beliefs than we do that you would be willing to be part of the conversation.We will be meeting each week at 7pm for dinner ($5 per person for those who participate in dinner), and 8:00pm for group. We will try to keep the group discussion to a maximum of an hour and then have a quick 10-15 minutes to share anything going on with people that they want to share. Group will dismiss around 9:15pm for those who need to get home, but we invite anyone who wishes to stay for future discussion or LOST to do so!

For our first week (March 11) we plan to have a pizza and game night, then we will beginning a study series called "Starting Point" the following week (March 18). Materials for this series are $20 (I think - Andy???)I will send out a follow up email to get a count for the first week, but until then please consider joining this group and let me or Brett know if you have any questions. Additionally, please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who you think would be interested.
************************************

Our small group has really impacted my life. It is that one night a week when I can relax with good friends and unwind. I grew up in a small church with all of my family and many friends attending every Wednesday night, Sunday morning and evening. Through college and the years to follow I strayed away, mostly because I was lazy (and partially still am). But, for those of you reading this, I would love if you'd consider coming. Just give it a try, if you don't like or enjoy it, there are no strings attached. So, email or call for me info!

No comments: