Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Alyssa...

So, Alyssa's actual birthday was Monday, May 4th but we knew we'd be seeing her for her party at Chrysalis Vineyard in Middleburg on Saturday. Yesterday we met up with everybody at the Vineyard for a little wine and food. It was a beautiful day...but it didn't start out that way. Mike and I packed up the car, about 30 minutes after the party was scheduled to start. We headed out to 66 West happy to know a good time was in store. As we got about 20 minutes from home a god awful smell overwhelmed the car. Oh My Goodness - Emma poo'ed in the car. I can barely stand it when she poos outside. So, we had to get off 66, pull off into some neighborhood where Mike cleaned out the car and throughout the rug. Then we piled back in the car and headed toward Middleburg. The rest of the road trip was okay with the exception the 2 lane road and slow drivers - let's say the rage mobile was headed southwest! Once we got to the vineyard and began to walk towards our friends, which had set up camp out back in the field with 2 picnic tables I could tell Emma on the leash was less fun than usual. When I finally thought we had made it, I began to set our cheese platter on the table, and as I did Emma took off running towards "Uncle" Chuck....but she did so under the table thus flipping the table and all of the food on the table onto the ground. Great! Everyone took it rather well and assisted in the cleanup except "Mean Purple Shirt Girl" - I call her that because I don't know her name... but - again, to anyone reading this - If I dumped your food on the ground please accept my deepest apology. The afternoon did get better. Mike, Erik and I enjoyed a delicious wine tasting then picked out 2 bottles to enjoy while we snacked and listened to music with everyone. Emma ended up calming down and enjoyed playing with Maddox and Razor. It definitely was a much deserved relaxing afternoon. I'm always up for trying out new vineyards!!!


Happy Birthday Alyssa!

No comments: