Monday, June 30, 2008

Christine's visits...

My best friend Christine came up to visit me this weekend!!! YAY!!! She and her husband Travis just closed on their first home together - miraculously it's right next door to my parents... funny how things work out. Friday night we went out with a bunch of friends to Chadwicks in Old Town for Happy Hour...yummy. Afterwards we had some people back to our apartment and played cards and sang (Comcast) Karoake...very fun/ny. Saturday morning we got up had a nice brunch at Bittersweet in Old Town. Since Christine & Travis will be moving at the end of July we decided to go to IKEA to try to find stuff to furnish her home office. We only spent 2 hours in IKEA...but found so much great stuff. Christine bought a cute green area run, beautiful white desk, matching buffet/storage unit, 2 huge pictures & frames, and tons of cute little matching green storage boxes....and even better - it didn't break the bank! When we got back from IKEA we met up with Mikey and our friends for dinner and a night out on the town. Well, if you consider Royal Lee (Karoake Bar) out on the town...it was closing down - i.e. going out of business that night. We got to the bar around 8pm and it was the smokiest most crowded bar I've ever been in. And to make matters worse if you wanted to sing there was a 3 hour wait list, needless to say we ditched Royal Lee and headed back to Old Town.

Sunday Mike, Christine and I went to Murphy's Pub in Old Town for a delicious and inexpensive brunch. It was so incredibly hot outside but we mustered up the courage to metro

into the city for the Nationals game. After much sweat and an expensive Margarita

we made it to our seats and enjoyed the game. The new Nationals Stadium is beautiful, if you have been you've gotta go. Overall it was a great weekend and I really enjoyed spending so much quality time with Christine. Thanks friend!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love Christine! I am glad yall had a good visit. I can't wait to see her house, I bet it is super cute. Maybe if I don't find a job I can visit DC and Salem.