Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer colds...


So I am the biggest self diagnosed hypochondriac...I'm not ashamed to admit it (nor is my mom). I usually have a dull headache all the time, complain of back pain or neck pain and the list goes on and on. As a kid growing up I used to get a ton of sinus infections, probably like 10 or so a year. But Never.....NEVER....Ever have I had a cold in the summer. After we moved Lauren Merrill into her apartment in Baltimore on Saturday I woke up Sunday morning and could barely breathe....I thought it might be the dust from all the stuff we moved in, so I didn't think much of it. Monday I woke up, couldn't breath, couldn't talk and the pressure in my ears was insane. With taking so much time off from work recently I felt that I needed to go in to get as much done around the office as possible. Unfortunately Monday nights are also my night to work at the Kidz Klub at Sport & Health....I play with kids. After I worked my 12 hour day I still couldn't breath but was wired from a Starbucks Doubleshots so I called Mike on my way home and asked if he'd join me to pickup groceries from Whole Foods, and we went. When we got home from the grocery store I could barely walk up the steps of our apartment I was so exhausted and achy. Tuesday I woke up at 3am, 4am, 5:10am and at that point I couldn't go back to sleep so I called my boss' voicemail and said I wouldn't be in...I got up out of bed, did a load of laundry then at about 7:30am headed out to see my doctor. The doctor diagnosed me with having a severe upper respiratory infection and border line bronchitis..... So to sum up this long and wordy post - SUMMER COLDS SUCK.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think you should blame the cold on Mike. After all he did pour cold water on you so you were wet for the car ride home!