Saturday, August 2, 2008

Elizabeth stuck in DC?...

After a crazy and exciting week of traveling and babies I decided I would sleep in Saturday. This required a glass of wine before bed and ear plugs. I made it to bed Friday night/Saturday morning at about 1am. My sleep pattern has been all thrown off with work and visiting the Gardners at the hospital (but well worth it!). I didn't even feel Mike get out of bed, but he let Emma up in bed with me to snuggle and then I rolled back over and drifted back to sleep. At about 10:30am my phone rang - I could barely hear it because of the ear plugs, I didn't even look to see who was calling, I just hit ignore. I laid in bed for about a minute and thought - OH NO, what if it's Jill...what if somethings wrong or she needs something. So I rolled back over and picked up my phone. I had already missed 2 random calls and a text message. The 10:30 call was my friend Elizabeth - and I noticed so was the text - it read "Hey, back in the US and stuck in DC. Do you have plans today?" That woke me up. Elizabeth had just arrived back from her mission trip to Africa. I immediately called her back. She was at Dulles airport but on her way to Reagan (up the street). So we made plans for lunch and then hung out. It was great seeing Elizabeth because I haven't seen her since our friend Emily's wedding. Love ya muffin!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love you too! Thanks again for being my saving grace. Also I LOVE my earrings and have gotten several compliments on them. I will get the pictures to you ASAP!